Katniss Everdeen, Bella Swan/ Cullen & Tris Prior make women all over the world feel good about themselves. That women are worthy of their stories being told, be it in the real world or a fantastical/ dystopian setting. That a story with a female occupying the centre stage is just as juicy and plot-worthy, were the same assigned to her male counterparts. Kat, Bella & Tris are strong, not just because they rebel against the norm and challenge the status quo but primarily because it is the way they view themselves. They know who they are and do not let themselves be controlled by what society thinks of them. While battling society, they achieve their victories first and foremost because they are free in their own minds. Since Suzanne Collin’s The Hunger Games trilogy holds a special place in my hearty heart, like with the Twilight article, I was looking to do something different with The Hunger Games and I came up with (drum-roll) Puns!
With this article you’ll get to know what’s hap-pun-ing with some of the major characters in the Hunger Games Trilogy!
So welcome to the Hunger Games! May the odds be ever in your flavour!
1. So people are put to death in the Hunger Games? Isn’t that like Capitol Punishment?
2. Gale Hawthorne always blew issues out of proportion
3. Peeta Mellark is such a well-bread boy
4. Katniss Everdeen, never failed to make a point
5. Katniss’s sister was so Prim & Proper. Most people said she was a Rose by any other name
6. Buttercup was one yellow yellow dirty fellow
7. Mr. Everdeen lost his life in a miner accident
8. Although she was a healer, Mrs. Everdeen needed someone to doctor her wounds
9. As a child, Delly Cartwright may have carried her weight around, but the District War compelled her to become pound-wise
10. The Mockingjay symbol of the rebellion could be pinned down to Madge Undersee
11. When the residents of District 12 were in hot soup, they were probably at Greasy Sae’s
12. Lavinia the Avox Girl was always silent on all matters
13. I’ll drink to Haymitch Abernathy! He was such a bottled-up character
14. With Ms. Trinket, everything had to be Effie-ng perfect
15. Cinna was always a-dress-ing someone
16. Caesar Flickerman’s red hair-ing at the 73rd Hunger Games goes to show that appearances can be misleading
17. Seneca Crane apparently thought the Hunger Games needed a lift
18. For a person obsessed with roses, President Snow was a thorn in everybody’s side
19. Rue was always on top of things
20. If Peeta and Katniss ended up taking the berries, would they have been given proper berr-ial rites?
21. You know the Hunger Games series is heating up book shelves when the central book character is Catching Fire
22. Everyone thought there was something fishy about Finnick Odair. No-one ever let him off the hook
23. Annie Cresta would never understand what’s wrong with being Finnick-y
24. Stripping down to the bare minimum wasn’t exactly tree-son for Johanna Mason
25.Everyone had a foggy memory of what happened to Mags
26. In crafting weapons of mass destruction for the rebels, Beetee Latier re-Volt-ed against the Capitol
27. Just because people thought Wiress was Nuts doesn’t mean sometime had clocked her. You just needed time to understand her. Tick Tock
28. Plutarch Heavensbee was one guy you had to watch out for
29. Suzanne Collins named the third book Mockingjay? So the bird is pretty much the word here?
30. No one could make heads or tails of President Alma Coin’s true intentions
31. Alma Coins right hand man? He’s tried not to get Bogg-ed down by her
Did you eat your heart out with the article? I sure do hope so!
If you didn’t, Peeta might accuse you of loafing around!
May the odds be ever in your flavour (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/35114072070089338/)
Katniss Everdeen (http://theforestmagazine.com/2013/12/tomer-hanuka/)
Primrose Everdeen (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Little-duck-427615497)
Madge Undersee (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Katniss-and-Madge-278576621)
Lavinia the Avox Girl (http://www.deviantart.com/art/You-Have-To-Speak-For-Me-Color-210788646)
Effie Trinket (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Effie-Trinket-373942916)
Caesar Flickerman (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Caesar-Flickerman-The-Hunger-Games-294977378)
Seneca Crane (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Seneca-Crane-313250736)
President Snow (http://arabesque91.deviantart.com/art/President-Snow-280585965)
Annie Cresta (http://www.deviantart.com/art/annie-s-boys-329868875)
Beetee Latier (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Volts-without-Nuts-321116043)